Pregnancy Countdown Widget-Fetal Monitor-Baby Cam!

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I love 1/2 days....except when I don't

As I may have mentioned previously I am only working 1/2 days now at work. I really like this schedule. I go in at my normal time and leave usually around 2 or 3pm. It's really nice being able to come home and relax, or catch up on stuff at home, but sometimes I'd rather be back at work....like today :)
I got home and everything seemed great, except about 3 minutes after I walked through the door London got up out of bed, where he was suppose to be taking a nap. That was the begining of the end. Once he sees me he doesn't go back to bed. So we played the game, you know the one where the child gets put to bed just to be back up again 2 minutes later with a big smile on his face. Oh yeah, that was my afternoon. I spent it fighting with London to take his nap. It didn't matter what I did, the child would not go to sleep. I spoke nicely, I spoke not so nicely, I didn't speak at all, and I spoke very loudly...but I didn't yell because we mormon Moms don't ever yell at our children....RIGHT? ;) Oh, that's right, we don't lie...I get those mixed up sometimes. Ok, so I yelled at him, took away his stuffed animals, threatened to not let him play outside later on, and I even gave him a spank. NOTHING WORKED!!! Oh man, I'm surprised killing him didn't make the list because I was that close.
Well Greg got home and saved me, but he didn't have much luck either. So London didn't get his nap. I guess the world won't stop turning because of it, but I must say that this child is really testing me lately. He has decided that listening and doing as I ask is over rated so he just doesn't do it most of the time. It doesn't help that I can't really chase him like I could 5 months ago and I think he knows it. I'm also not as threatening as Greg. He tends to do things a little quicker when Greg asks..sad but true. I wear out a lot faster. London has also taken up a new hobby of annoying his brother which isn't good for anyone. Justice has the patience of a 5 year old... oh yeah, he is 5. Go figure.
Anyway, that is my trial at the current moment and I have to face it alone tonight since Greg is out with the Elders. All I have to say is they better get a baptismal date out of someone tonight or I got jipped :)

1 comment:

Baker Family said...

hmm..maddi almost refused a nap the other day! except she's still in her crib, so she couldnt just walk out of bed (phew). but im sure i have many days, like yours ahead. but i think she is still too young for no nap. so she cried, talked, played, and jumped in her crib. and almost 2 HOURS after i laid her down she gave up and figured she wasnt going anywhere, and went to sleep. sheesh. then sydney woke up..no nap for me :( we've all been sick the past week (AGAIN) ugh. i heard your boys were sick too...no fun. i hope they are better now.

Big Brother

Big Brother

Baby London

Baby London